Monday 1 November 2010

wxPython in Action

This year I decided to take the plunge and try to learn how to program GUI interfaces. As I'd been learning Python for a couple of years on and off I looked at the available options - which seemed mainly to be just four - Tkinter, PyGTK, PyQt and of course wxPython.

I discounted Tkinter as it is frequently said to not be good enough for large programming projects, and PyQt because it isn't Open Source and briefly looking at the license details put me off straight away.

If like me you have been trying to piece things together by using various online tutorials, I suggest you get a copy of this awesome book. It was written by the main developers of the WxPython itself - so they know what they are talking about.

Click here to by on Amazon.com

1 comment:

Shawn Driscoll said...

What version of Python and what version of wxPython is used in this book? Thanks.